Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wanted to share this perfect holiday concoction I whipped up this morning:
Since we're all busy stuffing our faces today, I'll make this post short and sweet. I know that Mimosas are typically reserved for brunch and we've past that point in the day, but as far as I'm concerned, brunch should be enjoyed all hours of the day. So try one this afternoon, or wait til tomorrow morning for a nice post-turkey pick-me-up! Although you don't actually taste any of the rosemary, you get a fresh whiff of the garnish with every sip, which tricks you into thinking you're tasting it! Can I just say....so good.
Cranberry Pear Mimosa
* 1 ripe pear, small to medium in size (will be enough for about 6 drinks)
* 4-6 dried cranberries, per drink
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 1/2 Rosemary sprig, per drink
1) Place dried cranberries in a bowl of hot water. Allow to rehydrate for 15 minutes.
2) Core the pear and cut into inch-thick pieces.
3) Toss chopped pear and orange juice in the blender and puree until almost no lumps remain.
4) Fill your champagne flute 1/3 of the way with the pear/orange mixture.
5) Fill the rest of your flute with champagne.
6) Remove cranberries from water and pat dry. Stick 1-2 of the plump cranberries on the bottom of your rosemary sprig (this will make it float) and garnish.
7) Add the rest of the cranberries to the drink and enjoy!